Friday, February 7, 2014

Musings. Snippets. Discoveries.

Thoughts, discoveries, lessons, all of which remind me, He's not finished with me yet…


"Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of - throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.”


Forgive people. Always.
Words hurt.
Words empower.
Encourage.
Give.
Everyone is valuable.
Everyone is fighting their own battle.
Take the time to sit and just listen to time passing by.
The more I see the less I know.
Seek to understand, not to be understood.
This is only part of the bigger picture.
Find the joy.
What does negativity achieve?
Challenge others.
Be challenged.
People are infuriating.
People are wonderful.
People are confusing.
People are people-ish.
Love selflessly.
I am not strong enough.
I don’t have to be strong enough.
Help others.
Allow others to help you.
Try something new, big or small.
Listen to a child’s conversation.
Talk to a stranger.
Hope and Pray. 
Failure is just a time to learn.
Experience is the best teacher.
Leaders are servants.


 “I’d like to be remembered as one who kept my priorities in the right order. We live in a changing world, but we need to be reminded that the important things have not changed, and the important things will not change if we keep our priorities in proper order.” 


“Be the change you want to see.”

"Strive not to be of success, but rather to be of value." 


    “Nearly every moment of every day we have the opportunity to give something to someone else – our time, our love, our resources. I have always found more joy in giving when I did not expect anything in return."
    "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, I used everything you gave me."

No comments:

Post a Comment