Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Blemishes

I've decided to describe how I see myself.
I'm:
Foolish
Rude
Inadequate 
Uncaring
Demeaning
Narcissistic
Unreliable
Dense
Clumsy
Lazy
Pathetic
Unattractive
Depressing
Materialistic
Negative
Antagonistic
Spiteful
Unpleasant
Disrespectful
Completely and totally unworthy of the grace God has given me. 

       I could probably spend a good hour complaining about my faults and asking why I never seem to be good enough.  But as I start thinking about my "blemishes" I realize, I’m good enough for Christ.  HE created me just the way I am.  Sure I mess things up, but that’s where He comes in and catches me. Every good thing that I am and attempt to be is His work in me. 

“Oh Lord, you're beautiful,
 Your face is all I seek,
 For when your eyes are on this child,
 Your grace abounds to me.
 I want to take your word and shine it all around.
 But first help me just to live it Lord.
 And when I'm doing well, help me to never seek a crown.
 For my reward is giving glory to you.”

       Focusing on my faults gets me nowhere but depressed.  Focusing on Christ and His hand in my life causes me to rejoice.  

   Psalms 47:1 Clap your hands, all peoples! Shout to God with loud songs of joy!

So CLAP PEOPLE CLAP!!! haha, You are His creation and He made you BEAUTIFUL, because, well, He made you--YOU!


2 comments:

  1. You are:
    Beautiful -inside and out.
    Funny - in a very good way.
    Loving - no matter what.
    Caring - Because you couldn't not.
    Encouraging - to everyone who knows you.
    Inspiring - others to seek after Christ.
    A Light - to people who are surrounded by darkness.

    I could go on..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. go check your email. i sent you a rant. (:

    ReplyDelete