Friday, September 9, 2011

Strong Enough

       Isaiah 40:28-31
” Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”

      I just recently heard the song "Strong Enough" by Matthew West and it really got me thinking.  Today's society casts this light on its citizens  saying we should be able to “conquer” life.  Women in particular are challenged to prove themselves to be stronger than men.  Because people are cast this way no one wants to say “I’m not strong enough.”  In fact anyone who states that they’re weak is looked down upon as a quitter.  But there’s wisdom in those who boldly declare, “I can’t do this on my own, will someone help me?”   
       I know I daily struggle with thinking my strength is sufficient.  Soon I find myself frustrated asking why I wasn’t strong enough to handle the tasks at hand.  But life isn’t meant to be lived alone, we’re meant to help others and to BE HELPED.  Jeremiah 17:5
 "This is what the LORD says: "Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the LORD.”
You don’t have to go through it on your own, it’s okay to say...help...   

      1 Samuel 30:6
 "David was greatly distressed because the men were talking of stoning him; each one was bitter in spirit because of his sons and daughters. But David found strength in the LORD his God."
David looked to God for strength, and this is the guy that killed GIANTS!  We all have giants in our lives we’re hoping to conquer, it just takes us accepting our own weakness and asking God for His strength.           
      2Corinthians 12:9-10 "
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

You must, You must think I’m strong
To give me what I’m going through
Well forgive me, forgive me if I’m wrong
But this looks like more than I can do
On my own

I know I’m not strong enough to be
Everything that I’m supposed to be
I give up, I’m not strong enough
Hands of mercy won’t You cover me?
Lord, right now I’m asking You to be
Strong enough, strong enough
For the both of us

Well maybe, maybe that’s the point
To reach the point of giving up
‘Cause when I’m finally, finally at rock bottom
Well that’s when I start looking up
And reaching out

I know I’m not strong enough to be
Everything that I’m supposed to be
I give up, I’m not strong enough
Hands of mercy won’t You cover me?
Lord, right now I’m asking You to be
Strong enough, strong enough
For the both of us

‘Cause I’m broken
Down to nothing
But I’m still holding on to the one thing
You are God
And You are strong when I am weak
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength
And I don’t have to be strong enough
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength
And I don’t have to be
Strong enough, strong enough
Oh yeah

I know I’m not strong enough to be
Everything that I’m supposed to be
I give up, I’m not strong enough
Hands of mercy won’t You cover me?
Lord, right now I’m asking You to be
Strong enough, strong enough

For the both of us 

Psalm 105:4 "
Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!"

1 comment: