Monday, August 8, 2011

I'm in Love with You, Jesus

       I didn’t realize it, they say love can come softly, and it did, it crept up on me like the soft summer rain. 

       Normally I do my devotions every day, sometimes I honestly wish I didn’t have to, but after every single one I’m glad I did.  Lately, I’ve been attempting to go more into the Word to really spend time with Him.  However, I went two days without a single thought toward my devotions.   I was “too tired” I told myself and it seemed like a plausible excuse.  However, after those two days I felt worn out, discouraged in need of a looooonnnggg nap, or so I thought.  As they say “you never what you have (or had) till you lose it.”  I sat down and read my Bible all of a sudden, like the fog breaking away and letting in the Son, I felt at peace. 

       I realized how very much in love I am with Christ and how I need Him every day, hour, or minute.  I simply NEED Him in my life and I have no intention of ever living without Him.  Love had come softly. I didn’t realize how much I loved my Savior till I had separated myself from Him.  It was like in the new Pride and Prejudice when Mr. Darcy comes walking through the fog and all of a sudden Lizzy realizes she could never live without him!  Hahaha okay, not that dramatic and I’m pretty sure Matthew MacFayden isn’t Jesus. Haha  But the general idea still remains. 

       As Francesca Battistelli sings in her song "Paper Heart:" 

I had been so terrified to trust, so many times I'd been reduced to dust, but You keep showing me You're the safest place to be.  
Never knew that I could feel the way I feel, never knew that there could be a love so real...
My paper heart is Yours now, I have landed in Your hands.  Come so far to find out, my life will never be the same since You wrote Your name on my paper heart.  

"One thing I have desired of the LORD, that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD, all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord." Psalm 27:4   



And I'm lost in Your love and Your mercy.
Lord, Your beauty is so overwhelming.
I'm thankful for Your truth.
I'm so in love with You.
                                          My Jesus, My Jesus.
                                   (Leeland)

1 comment:

  1. I think that's one of my biggest failings with my relationship with Christ.... I just don't set aside time to study Gods word and spend time with Him. I'm too into my own thing. It's super important to really walk with the Lord on an everyday basis... This post? "you make me need Jesus!!" haha (:

    ReplyDelete