Saturday, August 20, 2011

It Matters


     Do you ever feel like what you’re doing doesn’t matter?  No matter how many times you do the dishes, more are dirty, the same goes for laundry, and cleaning the living room, it’s always the same, always in need of someone to clean it. 
I’ve found that I have the worst attitude when it comes to doing what I would label as “doesn’t matter.” 

      We are called to do everything as if we are working for God and not for men.
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men” Colossians 3:23

      That verse convicts me every time I see it.  I know in my heart I would do a better job if someone “important” were coming over.  I forget that God is always over, and who’s more important than Him?  My work is done for men, every day, it’s careless and imperfect.  I fail to see how any of it could matter or make a difference, but to God all of it matters.                                                 When we let Him be apart of our daily activities we invite Him to be apart of us.  Christ doesn’t want to be separate from us as just a “Sunday service.”  If we are constantly working at things for Christ instead of man we are able to be a shining light for Him. From sweeping the floors or running for President, nothing is too small or too great for us not to involve God.     

       So don’t think your tasks are irrelevant and unnecessary you never know how God can use them and you to show His love.  After all everything we do and everything we are matters to Him.    

“one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.”  Ephesians 4:6

2 comments:

  1. So a really great verse came to my mind when I was reading this but I can't find it so...yeah. Just know, it went along great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! It's the thought that counts. :)

    ReplyDelete