Wednesday, August 17, 2011

She Called Him "Sir"

       A dear friend of mine recently showed me an entry in a journal she was keeping for her future husband.  I laughed when she mentioned the idea, and then, as I started reading it, her words had an almost hypnotic affect.  She wrote the words every sixteen year old girl longed to say.  So many of us girls (and guys) struggle to keep our hearts pure for our future spouse, we struggle with the knowledge of wishing this one could be "it"...and too many times it's not.  We are left broken, used, and wishing we never gave away a piece of our heart to the wrong person.  

Place me like a seal over your heart,
like a seal on your arm;
for love is as strong as death,
its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
It burns like blazing fire,
like a mighty flame.
Many waters cannot quench love;
rivers cannot wash it away.
If one were to give
all the wealth of his house for love,
it would be utterly scorned.

Song of Solomon 8:6-7


       Don't put a price tag on your love, it's worth is far above rubies.  Let your Father in Heaven direct your path and seal your heart till the day you say "I do."  It will be tough and at times seem impossible but trust me, True Love is worth waiting for.


Dear sir-
I really am at a loss of what to call you, since I'm assuming we
haven't met yet. There's been times I was absolutely certain I'd met
you - and it wasn't you.  Or times I'd wished and hoped, but again it
wasn't you. Perhaps I have met you - but you weren't you at the time.
You havent become yourself yet. Well, if you're reading this, it means
you have become yourself. Perhaps this is all really confusing, about
you not being you, but ask me about it. Maybe I can explain it better
in person than on paper.
Since I really dont know who you are, I suppose I'll call you whatever
I feel like calling you at the moment. (Warning: That could/will be
definitely hazardous to read if you have any measure of pride and
self-decency. Be prepared to be mightily abused in the following
pages.)

I think about you alot. Well, I suppose no more than an almost-17-year
old girl would. Whatever face I may think belongs to you at the
moment, I love you (not the face) more dearly than ever and anticipate
your coming even more.
I struggle with patience alot. And it's hard - I'm not gonna lie and
say it's easy - to keep my heart for you. Waiting, watching, hoping,
fearing. Waiting for my turn with love to come. Watching th horizon
for you. Hoping that I'll be everything you're looking for, wishing
for, wanting for. Fearing you'll pass me by, or I won't be enough, or
having to settle for second best. Because I won't. But how can I know
for sure what I have is the best? "The good is the worst enemy of the
best." Or, taking what I can get of the good because the best doesn't
much care that I'm breathing? Or being the second best someone else is
settling for, and I'll live forever in their shadow?
........I have a lot of fears.






No comments:

Post a Comment