Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sometimes People Pee on You

       A few days ago I went to a party, there were people there, because it’s honestly really hard to have a party with just one person. ;)  But, a couple people there decided to say as many rude things about me as possible, and as loud as they could---the entire time of the party.  I don’t take offense easily, but this crossed the line for me.  One spectator came up to me and asked what their problem was and why I was the target…
That night I was just about to fall asleep when my 7 year old sister came into my room.  I figured she just wanted to sleep with me…she figured my room was the bathroom.  She climbed in my bed, laid her little head down and pee’d, all over me and the bed.  Yep, true story.  I groaned in disgust and yelled for my mom, and then I started laughing.  God wasn’t done teaching me my lesson, and now I had an answer for that spectator.

       Sometimes people don’t have anywhere else to go, their insecurities are brought out through their mouth.  My mom refers to this as “diarrhea of the mouth.”   It’s these type of people we should be feeling sorry for.  They have to find worth in themselves by shooting down others.  My attitude towards it all could’ve been upset, and I had every right in the world to be upset.  But it’s not about the world. Jesus specifically said in John that we are not of the world “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.”   We do not belong to this world so why become upset when they try to tear us down? 
       
       When Christ was beaten, bruised, and crucified by the world what was his attitude?  Forgiving.  “Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.” Luke 23:34 He still loved them!  Sure, I was pee’d on by words but that was nothing in comparison to what Christ suffered and the only thing that made it seem awful was my attitude towards the situation.  Philippians 2:5 says “Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.” If we have an attitude of grace and thankfulness it changes the circumstance. We should be constantly cheerful when people are rude.  “If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the LORD will reward you.” Proverbs 25:21-22 

     Plus, we get the benefit of laughter and a cheerful spirit, who wants to be upset?  It makes you feel awful! 


       So next time someone pee’s on you, cheerfully show them where the bathroom is, and let them know you and God are always there if they need an extra roll. 





3 comments: