Monday, August 22, 2011

Tell Me Now


       “I want to know…”  My brothers and I always quote this line from Indiana Jones 4.  It’s right before the creepy Soviet lady gets blown to smithereens by the aliens; she couldn’t handle the knowledge.  “THE TRUTH?!  You can’t handle the truth!!”  haha I could go on all day with movie quotes but I’ll save you from the pain. 

       I like to know things, I basically like to know everything.  My little brother’s greatest enjoyment is torturing me with information he knows I want to know. 
“Hey Heidi, did you know…” 
“know what?” 
“oh, nothing..*pernicious grin*” 
“TELL ME NOWWW”
needless to say there have been a lot of loud arguments over my want of “knowledge.”

       However, I’ve come to find “ignorance is bliss” when I push to get my own way there’s things I wish I never knew, I wasn’t able to handle the knowledge (just like the creepy Soviet lady).  I throw myself in to situations thinking I can solve the problem or handle it on my own.  Christ had His own perfect plan of how to help that person I have to let Him abide in me and show me who and when to help.  God knows how much I can handle, and I have to wait for His timing to give me that knowledge.  But one thing is for sure He will make the answer clear. For "God is not the author of confusion but of peace ..." 1 Corinthians 14:33

       Even though I get frustrated and think I have every right to know I remember some things are just not meant for me to find out, perhaps at that moment or perhaps ever.  It’s hard to separate myself from the want of knowledge and trust in God’s way but His way is so much more glorious than my own! 
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take."      Proverbs 3:5-6

     When things get frustrating maybe it was never God’s will for us to be there.  Trust in God’s perfect plan for you, and believe He will give you the answer when needed.  Don't demand it yelling out "TELL ME NOW!!"  Having knowledge and being wise isn’t about always knowing the answer, it’s about knowing when to answer and how to answer.

James 1:5  "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him."

No comments:

Post a Comment