Friday, October 28, 2011

180 Day

I looked down "6/12"  that’s an F.  It was a fact I couldn’t change.  I had to accept it, but man it sure wasn't my idea of a good day. 

I walked out of math class full of thought.  I wish I could do better; I wish I could BE better. 

“Excuse me ma’am would you like a copy?”

Surprised I looked up to find two men handing out 180 the movie on dvd. 
“Actually, I’ve already seen it.  But I’ll definitely hand some out if you’ll let me!”

The man looked completely taken aback and gave me a huge hug. “You don’t know how refreshing it is to hear that.”  I smiled and started handing some out, promising people they would be amazed.  Some just smiled, I wondered if they’d ever watch it. 

I walked to the car with three copies left for three specific people. 

Well God aren’t You just full of plans.  Here I was ready to complain about my life and my horrible math score and You caught me. 

And in a moment I felt God speak: Tell them about Me not your faults.  Tell them of My love.  Don’t let this life take you down, you are worth more than a score.  Tell them…let them know…I will love them.

So many of my classmates don’t understand love.  I look at them just wanting to love them as I know Christ does--regardless of everything.  They've been hurt, abandoned and confused.  If only they knew.

"Who'll love me for me?
Not for what I have done or what I will become
Who will love me for me?
‘Cause nobody has shown me what love
What love really means what love really means"

Jesus, help me show them how You love them. Despite everything You want them.

I bend my knee this song my plea
Jesus, use me, I am Yours.
My dreams, my plans
My heart, my hands
Jesus, use me, I am Yours.
I am desperately wanting to please You 
With all that I am
And I know that You don't need me
But if You want me, I'm yours
My will, my voice, each word, each choice
Jesus, use me, I am Yours.
My blood, my breath,
My life, my death
If You would choose to use me my Savior
In spite of my fears and all of my failures
I'm not much to look at
But whatever I am, I'm Yours
I am desperately wanting 
To please You with all that I am
And I know that You don't need me
But if You want me, I'm yours

...because you want me, I'm Yours 



No comments:

Post a Comment