Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Splash of Color

This weather is my favorite; it's as if the entire earth has become all moody and yet at the same time refreshing.  I love watching my classmates pour into class soaking wet and yet grinning a mile wide.  I love the wool coats, scarves, hats, and boots.  But most of all I love the fact that my Creator made all of this for His children to enjoy.  There's a type of enchantment in watching the dark clouds roll in and in time listening to the rain drum down.  It's almost as if everything is being washed away and a new earth is being born.

"When the storm leaves there's a silence 
That says you don't have to fear anymore
The trees look greener, the sky's an ocean
The world is washed and starting over." 

Rain always seems strangely human.  Sometimes it takes tears to pour down to clear our vision and make us new.  But after those tears are wiped away we are new, ready to take on the challenge ready to be a bright light in a darkened world.  

"I am not who I was
I am being remade I am new
Dead to the old man I'm coming alive
I am new" 

I look out at the rain drenched city excited for the seasons ahead and exuberant in knowing I am remade. Christ has become my pardon!  I am free to worship Him all the days of my life, in the rain and in the sun.   Letting His love splash color onto a canvas filled with darkness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment