Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hypocritical Glasses


    "Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, Let me take the speck out of your eye, when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."
Matthew 7:1-6

As I read this passage I saw how hypocritical I tend to be.  I will judge others ignoring my own sin in that area, or just plain judge them without attempting to fully understand their situation.  It’s almost as if the glasses I wear are made only to be seen out of hypocritically.  As Christians we are called to love EVERYONE (especially our enemies) just as Christ loved them and even as Jesus died for them.

Give me Your eyes for just one second
Give me Your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me Your love for humanity
Give me Your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me Your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me Your eyes so I can see

“For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.” John 3:17

      Consider it, Jesus died for the prostitute, the drunkard, and the man sitting alone in a jail cell just as much as He died for you and for me.
"It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." Mark 2:17  We are no more worthy.  We allow our pride and hypocritical selves to take over and declare how far above we must be to choose to seek after Christ.    
               Oh stupid, stupid, stupid self. 
When we ask God to take away the hypocritical glasses we can then see these people the way He sees them and have the ability to love them the way He loves them.  
My desire is to see out through Christ’s glasses, not these hypocritical ones that I am relentlessly procuring.


No comments:

Post a Comment